Offline Explorer Enterprise offline Combines the usability of Offline Explorer Pro and adds Explorer with the power of:
The ability to download up to 100 million URLs per Project;
An OLE Automation interface to enable control from other applications;
The ability to update Projects with deleted files;
Internal Proxy server to access downloaded sites transparently in your browser;
Generation of Google SiteMap files.
The fastest-possible multi-threaded processing of downloaded files by using all CPU cores.
Offline Explorer Enterprise is an ideal product for companies that want to have their own offline browsing solutions. We put all our experience – since January 1997 – in offline browsing into it.
The enterprise edition was optimized to use as little memory as possible during downloads. We redesigned the parsing queue and map files format. Map files are no longer loaded in memory, but kept on the disk. Offline Explorer Enterprise reads only the necessary map segments to display in the Project Map or to add new entries.
Map files now have an .mpx extension and are not compatible with other versions of Offline Explorer. Offline Explorer Enterprise converts old map files to the new format when necessary, but the reverse operation is not included. So, if you install Offline Explorer or Offline Explorer Pro over the Enterprise edition, some map information might be lost. Projects and other files formats are the same, so all settings, Projects and templates will be preserved.
OLE Automation opens Offline Explorer Enterprise to solution developers. It is now possible to write a program using Visual C ++, Visual Basic, Delphi or another COM-compatible development environment to start new downloads, manage Projects and process downloaded Web sites via Offline Explorer.
Offline Explorer Enterprise provides full access to its folders, Projects and downloads. A complete help file on OLE Automation details is provided in the Content section.
Now you can delete downloaded Project files and Offline Explorer Enterprise will still be able to download only new or modified files from the Web site.
The information about the files you remove is stored in a compact database.
For example, if you downloaded a collection of large PDF files that were burned on a CD, you can delete the files from your hard disk using the Delete | Only Project Files command. When you start downloading the Project the next time, Offline Explorer Enterprise will determine if any of the deleted files have changed and download only new and updated files.
This feature saves space by preventing storage of duplicate files.
You can setup your browser to use Offline Explorer Enterprise as a HTTP proxy (port 800 by default). When you browse to the sites that were downloaded, the proxy will show them from the download directory. Other sites will be downloaded from the Internet transparently.
Also, Offline Explorer Enterprise logs will show you all links that were requested by the browser. This may help you to find the actual links to video, scripted images, etc.
One of Offline Explorer Enterprise`s strengths is to allow you to selectively include or exclude individual servers, directories and files using keywords. It is known for its excellent user interface and as one of the fastest Web site downloaders available on the market today. Support of industry-standard technologies such as FTP, HTTPS, different proxy servers, Java and VB scripts, Java classes, Cascading Style Sheets (CSS,) Macromedia Flash, XML / XSL / DTD, Table Of Contents (TOC,) Acrobat (PDF ,) M3U, AAM files, RealMedia (.SMIL, .RAM, .RPM,) MS NetShow Channel (.NSC,) VRML (.WRL, .WRZ,) QuickTime (.MOV,) MMS, PNM and RTSP audio / video streams and cookies plus a built-in HTTP server that allows you to share downloaded files over an Intranet, make Offline Explorer Enterprise the leader in offline browsing.
Here are some key features of “Offline Explorer”:
– The ability to download up to 100 million URLs per Project
– An OLE Automation interface to enable control from other applications
– An original feature to update Projects with deleted files
– Internal Proxy server to access Transparently in your browser downloaded sites
– Generation of Google SiteMap files
– The fastest-possible multi-threaded processing of downloaded files by using all CPU cores
– Very fast, easy and reliable file retrieval from the Web including FTP, HTTP, HTTPS, MMS, RTSP and NSV (SHOUTcast) sites
– Support of BitTorrent protocol and downloads
– HTTP, SOCKS4, SOCKS5 and User @ Site Proxy support
– Download up to 500 files Simultaneously
– Downloaded web sites may be viewed with your external browser or with our Internal Browser. (Note: this option requires MSIE 3:02 or higher.)
– Downloaded Web pages may be printed from the Internal Browser. It is also possible to print the whole site at once.
– Downloaded Web sites may be published on the Web or exported to any other directory
– Since Offline Explorer uses relative path translation, downloaded files can be easily relocated
– Supports Drag-and-Drop links from Browsers
– Monitors clipboard for manual or automatic creation of new Projects
– Fully configurable user interface (including toolbar) with a handy New Project Wizard
– Will run in the background
– Provides support and extracts links from Java and VB Scripts, Java Classes, Cascading Style Sheets (.css), Macromedia Flash (. SFW), XML / XSL / DTD, Table Of Contents (.TOC), MPEG 3 Play List (.M3U), Authorware (.AAM), Acrobat (.PDF), RealMedia (.SMIL, .RAM, .RPM), VRML (.wrl, .wrz), QuickTime video (.MOV), WAP pages and MS Netshow Channel (.nsc) files
– The only offline browser that fully supports all known XML technologies, including XSL and DTD files
– Supports use of MS IE cookies while downloading
– Multiple Project Templates make new Project creation simple
– Downloaded sites easily exported to another location in required format or added to a MS IE Cache, ZIP, HTML Searcheable Help (CHM), MHT or a compressed EXE file viewer
– Built -in Backup / Restore projects
– Search through downloaded files for keywords in filenames or in HTML text
– Allows fast selection operations Multiple Projects on the Projects tree
– Internal Dialer with ability to disconnect or shutdown computer automatically when download is complete
– Flexible URL Filters with powerful keyword support to fine tune your downloads
– Download speed control
– Downloads can be scheduled, or started from the command line Sequenced
– Nested folders in Projects tree
– URL macros
– Multiple URLs in each Project
– Ability to keep old copies of loaded files
– downloading queue manager
– Data Mining – post processing of downloaded Web site
– Other servers links levels feature
– Automatic Export of downloaded Projects
– Custom referrers, cookies and post requests
– Export downloaded sites with no Subdirectories to a plain directory or upload by FTP
– Additional Project description window to supply multi-line comments